2019 Bag Tags
CNYDGA Competition Tag Rules:
- Have fun and follow the rules and spirit of disc golf.
- The purpose of the competition tag is to add another fun element to personal, league, and tournament rounds of disc golf.
- Please display your competition tag where others can easily see it.
1. Challenges will run from April 1st through September 30th. You may play for tags Oct 1st through March 31st, but the rules below will not be enforced.
2. Any CNYDGA members who currently and physically possess a tag may challenge, be challenged or participate in tag challenges.
3. Any member with a higher tag number may challenge any player with a lower tag number to a round of disc golf.
4. Members cannot avoid challenges by leaving the tag at home or by concealing your tag.
5. Challenges may be made in person or electronically (i.e., social media, email). When a challenge has been accepted, neither player can participate in casual challenges until the agreed upon match has taken place.
6. The player receiving the challenge chooses the course to be played and the format.
7. The challenged player must give the challenger two (2) times to meet in the next two (2) weeks or they must forfeit the tag. If the challenger cannot meet that timeline, the challenge is void. Not showing up for a match results in a forfeit. (20-minute leeway) Once the challenge has been agreed upon, any changes must be agreed upon otherwise a forfeiture may occur.
8. If the challenger has the lowest score for the round, the tags must be exchanged immediately following the round.
9. You don’t have to play back-to-back challenge rounds against the same player or in a multi-player match with the exact same opponents. A player can’t challenge you, lose to you, and immediately challenge you again for another round. However, if ALL parties agree, consecutive round challenges are allowed. Challenges MUST be verbally agreed upon at the beginning of EACH round.
10. The players with the ten best tags at the end of the season will receive a payout based on the amount of tags purchased during the year.
1. All MUST participate in challenges at a tournament. No Match Play unless tournament is Match Play. (Handicapped leagues: play is straight up)
2. The tags are thrown into a pool and distributed by score at the end of the tourney/league not round by round. No sudden death to decide ties and final-nine rounds/playoffs are exempt from challenges.
3. Players using different tees in tournaments are competing against only other players using the same tee format.
4. Tags will not be used during doubles.
1. Players holding tags must update the club with the results of each challenge. It is preferred to post on the bag tag challenge page on Disc Golf Scene
2. The winner of the challenge is responsible for reporting the results of the challenge.
3. Players wishing to get information as to who holds each tag may check at Disc Golf Scene